2013 “SHARE THE WARMTH” Coat Drive Underway
“SHARE THE WARMTH”
Annual Coat Drive Begins
HELP US KEEP OUR COMMUNITY WARM
October 1 – 31
The Salvation Army “Share the Warmth” Annual Coat Drive is underway. The coat drive has been a warm partnership between WWMT – News 3 and The Salvation Army of Kalamazoo for several years. This event requests that both new and gently used coats be donated at several convenient locations throughout the Kalamazoo County area. Over the years, hundreds of thousands of coats have been given out to individuals and families in need to help them keep warm through the chilly fall and very cold Michigan winters. These coats meet one of the most basic needs of the people who turn to The Salvation Army for help. Last year, 1,006 coats were distributed to children, adults and families. Infant, children and teen coats are desperately needed as well as the larger 2x & 3x sizes.
“We typically struggle to get enough coats for the kids”
says Craig Smith, Director of Development & Volunteers.”
Cash Donations are appreciated: Checks should be made out to The Salvation Army of Kalamazoo and mailed to 1700 S. Burdick St., Kalamazoo, MI 49001. You may also make a payment with a credit card. Please contact Craig Smith, Director of Development & Volunteers at 344-6119 x208 to use your credit card.
Portage Cleaners & Laundry has once again offered to clean coats that need a little freshening up. Simply drop the coats off directly to any of the 3 Portage Cleaner locations.
You may donate a coat by visiting one of several locations including WWMT – News 3, The Salvation Army Thrift Store, The Salvation Army Corps at 1700 S. Burdick Street, etc. See complete listing just below. The Coat Drive will run from October 1 thru October 31. The coat distribution will take place on November 7th and 8th. Please consider donating a new or gently used coat for the season and may God bless you for joining with The Salvation Army to keep our kids and families warm this fall and winter season.
2013 Collection Sites
- The Salvation Army 1700 S. Burdick St.
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store 5117 Portage Rd, Portage Rd @ I-94
- WWMT 590 W. Maple Street
- 1st United Methodist 212 S. Park Street
- Agape Christian Church 609 Cherokee
- Centre Ave Church of God 1917 E. Centre
- Educational Comm. Credit Union All locations
- First National Bank 5313 W. Main
- Kalamazoo First Presbyterian 321 W. South St.
- Kellogg Comm. Federal Credit Union 5067 Gull Rd, 499 Romence Rd, Galesburg Shell
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church 9420 Portage Road
- Oshtemo Township 7275 W. Main
- Parker Hannifin – HSD 2220 Palmer Ave.
- Portage Cleaners & Laundry 2015 W. Centre
- Portage Cleaners & Laundry 8111 Portage Rd
- Portage Cleaners & Laundry 5578 Gull Rd
- Portage Chapel Hill United Methodist 7028 Oakland Drive
- Portage Northern High School 1000 N. Idaho
- St. Augustine Elementary School 600 W. Michigan Ave.
- Trinity Lutheran Church 504 S. Westnedge Ave.
- Westwood CRC 620 Northampton
- WMU – Miller Auditorium 1903 W. Michigan Ave.