Emergency Utility Assistance
The Salvation Army provides emergency utility assistance for electric, propane gas, fuel oil, and water shut-offs. Clients must have received a shut-off notice and have been referred to the Salvation Army by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
Current Eligibility Criteria:
- Have not received assistance from The Salvation Army within the past 18 months.
- Household must have applied at DHS and obtain a formal Decision Notice.
- Utility account is currently in shut off or pending shut-off status.
- Household must be low-income according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines (200% and less).
- Account payment history includes 3 payments in the last 6 months, not including other agency payments.
For more information about The Salvation Army’s Social Services or to schedule an appointment with a caseworker,
please contact our office at 269-344-6119.